24 weeks

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 Edit This 0 Comments »
We had another appt with our doctor on Monday 10/12/09. We are 24 weeks along. The baby's heartrate was 147....still going strong! It's interesting to see where Baby G keeps moving around. To find the heartbeat, the nurse started on the right side of my belly, but had to move over to the left side to find it. Go Lefties!! haha
What a strong heartbeat! I love that sound...and since we have to wait about 10 more weeks to see Baby G again, I'll settle for the sound.

Overall, everything checked out fine. At our next appt I will have a glucose tolerance test done. I have to drink some glucose liquid an hour before my appt. Then I have to get my blood drawn when I get to the appt. The results will indicate if I need further testing done.
A one-hour glucose test screens for (but does not diagnose) gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). If sugar levels seem high after a one-hour test, I'll have to come back for further testing, probably a 3-hour test.

I'm starting to feel some discomfort, more in the evening, in my belly. I think it's just from growing. I finally had to break down and buy a pillow to sleep with between my legs. It makes SUCH a difference. The first night of having it, Jason commented that he was going to steal it. I told him he must have planted the seed in his subconscious, because in the middle of the night, I woke up (one of the many times) and found my pillow missing. I had to sit up in bed to make sure it didn't fall off the bed..nope not there! Next, I feel something by Jason. That little booger had my pillow! I yanked it from him as hard as I could to make a point :), and quickly, he realized what had happened and he laughed out loud. Now I laugh about it, but it's not so funny in the middle of the night when I have to search for it. So this week I've been threatening him to STAY AWAY FROM MY PILLOW!!! He can get a big pillow when he has a baby growing inside of him! :)

I also had to adjust my closet to make room for maternity clothes. I did that this past weekend. I had been folding them in a little pile, but realized, I'm starting to get a good amount. Plus, I need to have them for a daily basis for the most part. I'm still fitting into most of my basic regular clothes (yay!). So I'm just layering maternity clothes and regular clothes. Luckily, I don't have to "dress up" for work; I just wear business casual, so I have a plenty of clothes that fits into the category.

On news other than the baby-- Jason started a new job on Monday! YEAH!! So far so good!

0 comments: